[Qt-creator] Cross compilation

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:07:04 CEST 2015

A small tip foe anyone in a similar situation:

I am doing the opposite (develop on linux - deploy on windows).

To cross compile from Fedora to Windows, you can install a Qt tooclhain for
mingw, and then execute "mingw32-qmake-qt5", followed by  a normal "make".
This will generate an EXE for you. All can be installed from Fedora's "dnf"
(on older fedoras use "yum"). To install issue those commands (and probably
other packages).

           dnf install mingw32-qt5-qmake  mingw32-qt5-qtbase-devel

If anyone has a way of creating MSI files from Linux - I will be happy to
learn. If anyone knows how to generate the DLL list to distribute - I will
be happy to learn.