[Qt-creator] Where can I find a list of Creator's variables?

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 11 16:58:32 CEST 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-11 at 15:57 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I have the issue of Creator using clang++ to build C++ sources, and GCC
> to build C sources. I am trying to fix this, but for the life of me I
> can't find a reference of Creator's variables anywhere.

I just added a button to list them all to the CMake Configuration dialog opened
by the kit options page.

> In the kit that uses Clang, Creator uses this in the "CMake
> Configuration" field:
>
>    CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=%{Compiler:Executable}
>
> That's nice. But CMAKE_C_COMPILER is not set, so I get a mixed Clang/GCC
> build. %{Compiler:Executable} is obviously the C++ compiler. What is the
> C compiler? What do I write here:
>
>    CMAKE_C_COMPILER:STRING=%{???}

There is nothing:-/

Qt Creator has one compiler per kit and assumes that to be a C++ compiler. Until
we change that there is just no information on additional C compilers (or
whatever other language you want to use). Without that information there is
nothing that can be added to kits automatically.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: