[Qt-creator] Why QtC does not use QDockWidget for most tool-panel

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:05:58 CEST 2016

On Thursday April 14 2016 20:25:23 Orgad Shaneh wrote:

> hmm... This quite exactly describes the Open Documents pane.
>
> Click the Split button in the left pane and choose Open Documents.
>
> It's not dockable, and not reorderable, but apart from that it meets
> your requirements.

Ah, I kind of knew one could chose that view instead of the project view, but hadn't yet discovered the split option. Thanks.

Now just make it possible to open this view in a separate side-bar on the RHS, and to reorder files (for those users who open really LOTS of files) and it'd be as perfect as I dreamt it up :)

R.