[Qt-creator] Building Qt Creator and QBS separately

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Apr 22 20:36:13 CEST 2016

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 18:39, Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to build QBS and Qt Creator separately?
>
> I mean, I know I can build and install QBS without Qt Creator, but later on, if I build Qt Creator, won't it overwrite the already installed QBS?

If you build the qbs from the Qt Creator sources, that will produce a completely independent qbs install in <qtcreator>/libexec/…..

> I mean: is it possible to first install QBS and later on, when building Qt Creator, tell it to not build QBS, but use the already installed one?

Should be possible by settings QBS_INSTALL_DIR (env or qmake variable) to the alternative QBS installation location (which needs to have headers as well).
It should then not build the qbs that is included in Qt Creator, but build against the one in QBS_INSTALL_DIR.

Br, Eike