[Qt-creator] Gdb on bare metal

Jacques Charreyron Jacques.Charreyron at fr.michelin.com
Mon Apr 25 17:23:59 CEST 2016

Denis Shienkov <denis.shienkov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I can not create a qbs project because
> qbas complains about qbs.toolchain which is undefined (it is using
windows-mingw.qbs
> configuration file ???)
> You can look on this issue: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-709
> and you should create it as GCC, bit not as MinGW type.
> BR,
> Denis

> I am testing Qt Creator 3.4.0 on Windows
> 7 to develop bare metal projects and I see this is officially supported
>
>  (You can not imagine how happy
> it makes me ... I will forget about eclipse ... Great job !!!
> I have configured a new kit with official
> arm GCC toolchain and everything is fine except 2 things :
> 1) I can not create a qbs project because
> qbas complains about qbs.toolchain which is undefined (it is using
windows-mingw.qbs
> configuration file ???)
> 2) Gdb does not start : only a red slider
> and no other outputs.
> Has anyone already encountered these
> problems and found a workaround ?
> For point #2 i think my only solution
> is to recompile qt creator from source to find the problem ? because there
> is no output from
> It should be noted that it works under
> linux with qtcreator 3.3
> Thanks for your help
> Yours,
> Jacques Charreyron

Hello everyboby,

Sorry for this long mute, I am retrying on windows after one year of Linux
dev. (No I don't hate myself that much to come back to Windows without good
reasons ...)

So I tried with QtCreator 3.6.1. Same result.

Here is what I see in my debug view :

ATTEMPT BREAKPOINT SYNCHRONIZATION
dBREAKPOINTS ARE SYNCHRONIZED
dNOTE: INFERIOR SETUP OK
dState changed from InferiorSetupRequested(4) to InferiorSetupOk(6) [master]
dState changed from InferiorSetupOk(6) to EngineRunRequested(7) [master]
dQUEUE: RUN ENGINE

dCALL: RUN ENGINE
<87-exec-run
>87^error,msg="Don't know how to run.  Try \"help target\"."
dDon't know how to run.  Try "help target".
dNOTE: ENGINE RUN FAILED
sRun failed.
dState changed from EngineRunRequested(7) to EngineRunFailed(8) [master]
dState changed from EngineRunFailed(8) to EngineShutdownRequested(19) [master]
dQUEUE: SHUTDOWN ENGINE

It seems that the fimware is not loaded into the board.

Any clue ?

Not to mention it's working on linux.

Yours,

Jacques Charreyron.