[Qt-creator] Building Qt Creator and QBS separately

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Apr 26 09:26:09 CEST 2016

On 04/25/2016 07:54 PM, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> I have now built QBS with:
>
> qmake-qt5 qbs.pro \
>    QBS_LIBRARY_DIRNAME=lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX \

What is $LIBDIRSUFFIX?

>    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
>    QBS_INSTALL_PREFIX=/ \
>    CONFIG+=qbs_enable_project_file_updates
> make
> make docs
> make install INSTALL_ROOT=$PKG/usr

What is $PKG?

 > and QTC with:

 > qmake-qt5 qtcreator.pro \
 >  IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME="lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX" \
 >  QMAKE_CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
 >  LLVM_INSTALL_DIR=/usr \
 >  QBS_INSTALL_DIR=/usr

Shouldn't this be $PKG/usr?

 > make
 > make install INSTALL_ROOT=$PKG/usr
 > make docs
 > make install_docs INSTALL_ROOT=$PKG/usr

> Now I have a small issue. When I start Qt Creator, I receive the message:
> WARNING: Plugin path '/usr/lib//qbs/plugins' does not exist.

If $PKG is not empty, then that is expected. Otherwise this path should
be correct; at least that's what a cursory look at the project files
suggests. Where is qbs/plugins actually located now?
(Note: Qt Creator hardcodes "lib" when looking for plugins, so you
cannot set QBS_LIBRARY_DIRNAME to anything else.)

> I guess that I still mess something with QBS_LIBRARY_DIRNAME and/or
> IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME there is something missing?

IDE_LIBRARY_BASENAME is irrelevant when building against an
"independent" qbs.

Christian