[Qt-creator] Gdb on bare metal

jacques.charreyron at fr.michelin.com jacques.charreyron at fr.michelin.com
Wed Apr 27 14:05:34 CEST 2016

André

Doh ! You were right I was not using the correct execution configuration.
Really sorry.

Yours,

Jacques Charreyron

De :    André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de>
A :     Jacques Charreyron <Jacques.Charreyron at fr.michelin.com>
Cc :    qt-creator at qt-project.org
Date :  25/04/2016 21:08
Objet : Re: [Qt-creator] Gdb on bare metal

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 03:23:59PM +0000, Jacques Charreyron wrote:

> Hello everyboby,
>
> Sorry for this long mute, I am retrying on windows after one year of
Linux
> dev. (No I don't hate myself that much to come back to Windows without
good
> reasons ...)
>

> So I tried with QtCreator 3.6.1. Same result.
>
> Here is what I see in my debug view :
>
> ATTEMPT BREAKPOINT SYNCHRONIZATION
> dBREAKPOINTS ARE SYNCHRONIZED
> dNOTE: INFERIOR SETUP OK
> dState changed from InferiorSetupRequested(4) to InferiorSetupOk(6)
[master]
> dState changed from InferiorSetupOk(6) to EngineRunRequested(7) [master]
> dQUEUE: RUN ENGINE
>
> dCALL: RUN ENGINE
> <87-exec-run
> >87^error,msg="Don't know how to run.  Try \"help target\"."
> dDon't know how to run.  Try "help target".
> dNOTE: ENGINE RUN FAILED
> sRun failed.
> dState changed from EngineRunRequested(7) to EngineRunFailed(8) [master]
> dState changed from EngineRunFailed(8) to EngineShutdownRequested(19)
[master]
> dQUEUE: SHUTDOWN ENGINE

BareMetal uses continue instead of run, so what you have here is
unlikely to be a BareMetal run configuration.

> It seems that the fimware is not loaded into the board.
>
> Any clue ?
>
> Not to mention it's working on linux.

My guess is that the log looks different there.

Please check your setup, and if you are sure it's the same on
Linux and Window, open a report at bugreports.qt-project.org
and attach both full logs there.

Andre'