[Qt-creator] I've still got that Run button bug

Julius Bullinger Julius.Bullinger at asctec.de
Wed Aug 3 11:18:55 CEST 2016

I’ve got the same problem on Windows (8.1 and 10), even with Creator 4.1 snapshots. Can be reproduced very easily:

1.       Create a new Qt Widgets Application

2.      Add a new C++ class via right click > Add New…

3.  Open the project file and add a \ at the end of the new lines in SOURCES (no space):

SOURCES += main.cpp\
        mainwindow.cpp \
    newclass.cpp\

4.       Add another new C++ class

SOURCES += main.cpp\
        mainwindow.cpp \
    newclass.cpp\
    secondclass.cpp

5.       „The .pro file could not be parsed” and run-button disabled.

Best regards,
Julius