[Qt-creator] custom complex editors using TextEditorFactory

Petr Vanek petr at yarpen.cz
Thu Dec 22 16:14:39 CET 2016

hi all,

my goal is to provide more complex editors than just a  simple plaintext
(TextEditorFactory) only. I need to have some widgets and then my own
customized TextEditorWidget in the layout.

like eg.:

Label: [    line edit    ] (button)

TextEditorWidget

But the problem is that all goodies from TextEditorWidget are handled in
TextEditorFactory (completers, highlighters, formatters, ...)

Is there any way how to extend primary plaintext editor with some
widgets withoyt reimplementation of plain text editor from scratch?

thanks,

Petr