[Qt-creator] Creator gets confused when switching kits

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 5 10:46:32 CET 2016

On Do, 2016-02-04 at 22:30 +0100, Jason H wrote:
> When I switch, the run/build/debug buttons go grey. Then I get the build icon
> back. It hit it and it says:
> 16:29:41: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
> 16:29:41: Starting: "/usr/bin/make" -j 8
> make: Nothing to be done for `first'.
> 16:29:42: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited normally.
> 16:29:42: Elapsed time: 00:00.
>
> But the run/debug buttons never get enabled again.
>
> I switch kits a lot.

Hi Jason,

could you please file a bug report about issues like this? They do get lost on
the mailing list as soon as enough mails arrive to push this one down, but the
bug tracker never forgets;-)

Please provide as many details as possible in a bug report. Which OS are you
using, which buildsystem (qmake -- in this case that is very obvious;-), any
hint on how to trigger the issue reliably? Does "Run qmake" from the menu fix
the greyed-out buttons? What do you do to continue (restart Qt Creator,
close/open the project)?

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: