[Qt-creator] Cannot display QML inside creator, works just fine outside it

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 12 09:39:44 CET 2016

On Do, 2016-02-11 at 23:13 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> When I run an application that displays a QQuickWidget outside of
> Creator, everything is fine. However, when running it in Creator (with
> or without debugger), the application freezes at the moment the
> QQuickWidget is used, and I get this error in "Application Output":
>
>    Unrecognized OpenGL version
>    Unrecognized OpenGL version
>
> What is wrong here?
>
> I'm on Linux 64-bit, with Qt Creator 3.6.0.

Hello Nikos,

I had a similar problem before: Apparently some Linux graphics drivers lock up
when two applications try to use GL at the same time:-/

Your QML-using application is one program, and Qt Creator requires GL for the
QMLProfiler/QMLDesigner and the Welcome plugin. The first two are only loaded on
demand, but the Welcome page is shown directly. To prevent that, you can try to
start Qt Creator with "-noload Welcome" options.

If your application starts then without freezing Qt Creator, then you can try to
experiment with your graphics drivers.

You should get the same freezes by starting any two openGL applications at the
same time (e.g. two instances of GLXgears).

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: