[Qt-creator] copy/add resources / src files

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Feb 25 11:16:52 CET 2016

While preparing a blog artictle for BlackBerry 10 devs HowTo use Qt
Creator for Qt 5.6 vs Eclipse Momentics (Cascades, Qt 4.8) I'm having
some questions - don't know if I understood it right how QtCreator is
doing "things"

copy / paste resources
    Having two projects open and want to copy some icons from project A
to project B
    In Momentics I would mark some files from project A tree, then copy
and in project B tree paste them.
    This seems not to work with Qt Creator.
    Is this the right way:
    go to the file system
    copy files from A to B (per ex. copy images/arrow.png,
images/arrow at 2x.png,...)
    if not exist create the images subfolder
    then back to Qt Creator
    select qml.qrc, add existing files, select the images and then they
appear in qml.qrc and are under control of Qt Creator

copy/paste src code
    if I want to copy/paste .cpp, .h source files from another project,
    I have to do it the same way as with resources described above ?

code generated from outside the project
    I'm working on a DSL to generate code from an Eclipse Xtext model
into a Qt project
    (already done for Momentics/Cascades, now working to make this
generator x-platform for Qt 5.6 mobile - will be open source)
    I'm generating the code into a subfolder /src-gen
    would it be ok to generate a src-gen.pri with HEADERS and SOURCES
and include this file into my .pro ?

thanks for helping
don't want to provide wrong recipes HowTo deal with copying / adding
resources and src files into QtCreator projects
--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490