[Qt-creator] CMake daemon for user tools

Mathias Hasselmann mathias at taschenorakel.de
Tue Jan 12 13:21:18 CET 2016

Well, actually QtCreator's understanding of CMake artefacts doesn't seem
that. I am relatively happy with the project view QtCreator produces for
CMake projects. What's missing is the ability to add and remove files,
to define new targets with QtCreator. This significant feature gap is
what makes me pick qmake over CMake over and over again, although
knowing that CMake would give me less headaches for the non trival
tasks. Still in the end it are this simple task (add new class, add new
unit test, ...) that dominate a developer's day.

So whatever is done to IDE integration, ease of project file
manipulation should be considered as a high priority target. For that
low level goal of showing build artefacts parsing plain Makefile (or
Ninja files) imports would be sufficient.

Ciao,
Mathias