[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.5.1 - Managing priority of includes for code parsing

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 25 11:50:11 CET 2016

Hi!

On 01/22/2016 08:51 PM, OmegaPhil wrote:
> I currently use Qt Creator as a code editor (not building etc) for a
> number of codebases, via importing generic projects. Currently working
> with the kernel code, I noticed that the default behaviour of code
> parsing is to use the system kernel headers rather than those in the
> codebase.
>
> Looking at the .includes file, all directories are present, however Qt
> Creator still says it can't find some headers, and the ones it can find
> come from /usr/include (by hovering over #include). Is there a way to
> tell Qt Creator to prioritise the project includes?

The includes in your <projectname>.includes shouldn't be ignored and
this seems to work fine here with Qt Creator 3.5.1 and Qt Creator from
the master branch.

Note that the includes come from your project (*.includes) and the
toolchain. Thus, "/usr/include" probably comes from the latter.

You probably need to configure the right toolchain for your Kit. You
also can set an invalid toolchain (e.g. a custom toolchain created with
no compiler path) so only the include directories from the project's
*.includes will be used.

Nikolai