[Qt-creator] Dev: Increasing requirements for building Qt Creator 4.2(master)

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Jul 1 06:58:45 CEST 2016

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 17:27, Jake Petroules <Jake.Petroules at qt.io> wrote:
>
> I'd also like to propose requiring the latest LLVM 3.8, and to start keeping it up to date much more frequently (see QTCREATORBUG-16512).

You are mixing up things here. That bug report refers to the Clang version that the C++ code model uses to parse user code.
This is completely independent from what Clang version can be used to compile Qt Creator.

Our Qt Creator 4.1 binaries ship libclang 3.8 for the Clang code model.

Br, Eike

eike.ziller at qt.io
+123 45 6789012
http://qt.io