[Qt-creator] snap or flatpak?

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Fri Jul 8 13:42:37 CEST 2016

Hello Ryein,

I personally run my complete development environments incl. Qt Creator in containers, and am following the developments in that area closely.

At this time both snappy and flatpak are technology demonstrations at best. Snappy in particular does not even attempt to contain its applications anywhere but on ubuntu and does even require MAC systems to be disabled. Let's give them some more time to mature.

I encourage you to play with snappy, flatpak and similar technologies and Qt Creator. Please keep me posted with what you archive:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias