[Qt-creator] Qt-Creator 4.0.3 and Git

Tilman Skobowsky skobowsky at caos-gmbh.de
Wed Jul 13 13:27:47 CEST 2016

Hi everybody,

not sure when this started, but with the latest release of Qt-Creator (4.0.3 git hash ce4ddcb060) on
Windows, I get the following issue related to Git: Using the Git-Bash on windows (Git 2.7.0) I
switch branches by 'git checkout branchname'.
If one of the files affected by switching branches is opened and shown in Qt-Creators editor, Git
will show a message, saying

     Unlink of file '<file-opened-in-editor>' failed. Should I try again? (y/n)

It seems to work, if I type 'y' for retrying, but I wonder why this happens.
It definetly didn't happen with QtC < 4.0.0 but I think, it also didn't happen in 4.0.0. Not so sure
about the other patch releases.
Is this on purpose? And should it be so, then why was this changed?

Sincerely
Tilman Skobowsky