[Qt-creator] Generating QtCreator cmake project for given CMakeLists.txt from command line

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Fri Jun 3 09:40:50 CEST 2016

On Do, 2016-06-02 at 18:07 +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reviving an older thread after, well to honest, not having had a reason to use
> Creator for a while ...
>
> So I updated to git/master, and discover that it's become even more
> complicated to import a CMake-based project for which you already have a
> (lengthy) cmake command line. Have I missed a place to input the commandline
> "as is" during the import procedure, or does one really have to cut it up and
> create the entries one by one through a WYSIAYG interface?

So for there is no import procedure yet:-(

Even if there was: I doubt Creator will figure out which values were previously
set on the command line and which where generated by the build system on the
fly. I just do not see any way to get that information from cmake. So that
information will need to be supplied by the user somehow as part of the import.

A batch-input (similar to what we do for the environment variables) is
definitely on my Todo list:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der