[Qt-creator] Qt-Creator 3.5.1 with Qt 5.5.1 build issues on CentOS 6.7 x86_64

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com
Thu Mar 3 09:05:44 CET 2016

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 7:45 AM, Walter Stefan <Stefan.Walter at lisec.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Tobias,
>
> Well, I disagree. CentOS 6.7 is by far not that old and they still ship it with g++ 4.4.7.

That is the decision of the CentOS distribution. CentOS 6.7 was released August 2015, where GCC 5.2 was already released (and GCC 4.9.3 was the latest 4.x line release).
(CentOS 7 which was first released in July 2014 contains GCC 4.8 btw)

> I would not even know how to upgrade the G++ on a CentOS 6.x. Can you point me how to upgrade the g++ compiler?

You can install and use devtoolset
http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/devtoolset/
(probably also available through whatever package manager is used by CentOS).

> Therefore, I stuck at that point now. Qt 5.5.1 compiled without a single issue.

Qt has less requirements on the compiler and runs on more platforms than Qt Creator.

Br, Eike