[Qt-creator] Clang Code Model: add -Wno-padded

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:44:27 CET 2016

On 03/03/16 20:23, Bubke Marco wrote:
> Hi,  we will add more options in 4.0 to the code model,  so you can choose different sets.
>
> Anyway I find the padding warning quite useful because it shows that your data structures are sub optimal.

Nope, it does not tell you it's suboptimal. It tells you that compiler
will add the additional padding/alignment bytes.

Having structure with say 3 bool's and nothing more is perfectly fine.
In such a case, to silence the warning, I would have to add some dummy
fields, which most of the time is not necessary.

> --
> Sent from cellphone, sorry for the typos
>

> On March 3, 2016 19:30:31 Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Qt Creator: 3.6.0
>>
>> Could _-Wno-padded_ flag be added to the Clang Code Model flags?
>> I don't believe that warning about padding should be the default behavior.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Andrzej Telszewski

Best regards,