[Qt-creator] How run client ans server parts of the one project in debug mode

Карелин Павел hkarel at yandex.ru
Sun Mar 6 22:47:36 CET 2016

06.03.2016 22:19, Andrzej Telszewski пишет:
> On 06/03/16 20:10, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:

>>> I tried it, got this error: "Cannot lock build graph file
>>> '/home/hkarel/CProjects/Gamma7/build/qtc_Qt_551_a195e3b4-debug/qtc_Qt_551_a195e3b4-debug.bg':
>>>

>>> Already locked by 'QtCreator' (PID 4475)."
>>
>> Is the server and client the same binary?
>> If so, I think you'd have to separate them and then you could run two
>> instances.
Client and server are separated

> Or maybe another solution. Under "Debug" -> "Start Debugging" you have
> various possibilities. Maybe you could "Attach to Running Application"
> provided that you have started your application outside of Qt Creator?
I tried to attach to running application, but debbuger immediately quits

> I don't know how the locking is going to behave, though.
In principle, it would suit me a running the client and server parts of
my application in two different instances of QtCreator. But I can not
open the same project in two different instances of QtCreator.