[Qt-creator] Linguist

Frédéric Marchal frederic.marchal at wowtechnology.com
Thu Mar 10 19:09:11 CET 2016

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > is there any good reason why linguist is not configured as a standard
>> > external tool? I'd like to add it.
>>
>> You can open a .ts file in Qt Linguist with “Open with... > Qt Linguist” (e.g. from the project tree, file system view, or from the document menu next to the file name above the editor (when it is already opened in an editor).
>
> I think his problem (and mine) is that it should be under Tools > External > Linguist. Right now your only two options are lupdate and lrelease. The GUI should be invokable from that last menu.

You can add it yourself.

Click on Tools / External / Configure...

Add a "Linguist" entry running
%{CurrentProject:QT_INSTALL_BINS}\linguist.exe on Windows or
%{CurrentProject:QT_INSTALL_BINS}/linguist.exe on Linux.

If the ts files are in the project directory, you may also want to set
the "Working directory" to %{CurrentProject:Path}. With this trick,
Linguist will directly show the directory with the ts files when you
click on File / Open.

Frederic