[Qt-creator] Linguist

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Sat Mar 12 09:30:43 CET 2016

Am 12.03.16 um 08:41 schrieb Tobias Hunger:

> Am 11.03.2016 17:56 schrieb "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com
> <mailto:jhihn at gmx.com>>:
> <snip>.....
>
> > Maybe Creator could get a "Translation" button in the left sidebar
> [Welcome/Edit/Design/Debug/TRANSLATE/Projects/Analyze/Help] and a
> native plug-in?
>
> So far we did not consider that: In our experience translations are
> not handled by developers most of the time, but by external
> translation services. So we think it makes little sense to use space
> for translation in a developer tool.

this depends...
most mobile app developers I know are also doing translations

same for me:
I'm always developing in english and immediately translate into german

having some devices with english locale and some with german locale it's
easy to see how it fits and also if I forgot a tr() or qsTr()
so I'm always switching

thanks to this thread I learned that I can configure this

ekke