[Qt-creator] Add new C++ class wizard

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:12:28 CEST 2016

>> If I tell it to "Include QObject" and I'm deriving from a "Q" object, then shouldn't the wizard:
>> 1. #include <baseclass> in the .h?
>> 2. provide me with a constructor in the form of class(QObject *parent=0) in the .h
>> 3. provide me with a constructor in the form of derivedclass::derivedclass(QObject *parent): baseclass(parent) in the .cpp
>
> 4. Copy pure virtual function defs
> 5. Maybe virtual function defs too
> 6. Check project that class in in qt modules defined in the project, and if not, offer to add.

I agree that the class wizard could be enhanced.

I was used to the previous class wizard and I feel like the new one
isn't better.
For instance the points 1, 2 and 3 were covered.

For points 4 or 5, I would not want them to be automatic. They could
be opt-in, but I do not really feel the need
as the refactor tool offers a complete wizard for reimplementing
virtual functions.

Cheers,

Benjamin