[Qt-creator] Ok to skip compiling Qt Creator first when building my plugin in Linux?

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Tue May 17 10:01:56 CEST 2016

Nice, thanks for answering!

BTW, I also now use this simplified plugin deployment on my Mac:
no need to build Qt Creator anymore, just set IDE_BUILD_TREE to my home
directory in my plugin's .pro file (expecting Qt to be installed in
vanilla $HOME/Qt)

One snag though (easily fixed): the script expects the target Qt
Creator.app to be in a subdirectory named "bin" so I create an alias in
Terminal before compiling ny plugin:
ln -s Qt bin

Rgrds Henry

P.S. This can work even on Windows, but first I need an automated way to
create the .lib files from the Qt Creator's dlls. I tested creating a
core.lib from core.dll:
dumpbin/exports core.dll > core.def
editing away everything but the function names and adding the title
"EXPORTS"
lib /def:core.def /out:core.lib