[Qt-creator] completion for std::shared_ptr does not work

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:04:21 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to find out why std::shared_ptr does not work in our
project sometimes. I could not nail it down to a specific change in
our project so far. The project is on Linux, cmake, gcc-4.9, ninja,
and QtCreator 4.1 with the QtCreator codemodel. The clang codemodel
recognizes the shared_ptr correctly.

So far I'm under the impression that QtCreator just ignores all C++11
headers from <memory>. If I include <bits/shared_ptr.h> directly,
completion works. The macro guarding the shared_ptr stuff in <memory>
is __cplusplus. The code model inspector states that it is defined to
201103L, which should be fine.

Any ideas on how I can get to the bottom of this?

Thanks,
Christoph