[Qt-creator] QtCreator doesn't painted in Kubuntu 16.10

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Oct 17 09:10:15 CEST 2016

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 6:34 AM, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I freshly installed Kubuntu 16.10 and Qt with online installer. But when I launched QtCreator I didn't see anything instead of window border and title. When I clicked where File menu should be I saw menu. Look.
>
> <Screenshot_20161017_072630.png>
>
> When I chose project I saw configure page, but menu still doesn't painted. Look
>

> <Screenshot_20161017_072724.png>
>
> What can be the problem and how to solve it? Thank you. And I have to say that on Kubuntu 16.04 everything was fine.

Most probably something to do with OpenGL and Qt Quick. Try running with “qtcreator -noload Welcome”, which should then not show this behavior.
Since there were a few fixes in Qt 5.6.2 and 5.7.1, you might want to try the Qt Creator 4.1.1 snapshots which are based on 5.7.1:
http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qtcreator/4.1/4.1.1/

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller