[Qt-creator] starting debugger cdbengine for abi x86-windows-msvc2015-pe-32bit for over 2 minutes

Bob Self bobslf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:22:08 CEST 2016

I'm running Qt creator 3.6.1 based on Qt 5.6.0 (MSVC 2015, 32 bit) on
Windows 10. I'm debugging a simple test program.

It seemed to be working OK the last time I used it (maybe 2 weeks ago).
Today I'm finding that the debugger can take up to 2.5 minutes. It displays
this during that startup delay:
        "starting debugger cdbengine for abi x86-windows-msvc2015-pe-32bit”

If I stop the debugger after it finally starts and then immediately debug
the program again, there is no noticeable delay. But after I clean
all/rebuild all the 2 minute delay re-appears.

Does anyone know what's causing this?