[Qt-creator] QtCreator quick save mode?

Ursache Vladimir f35f22fan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:06:36 CEST 2016

 Hi,
On Ctrl+S QtCreator trashes my HDD and sometimes hangs for like 2
seconds apparently because it does a lot extra I/O (copies to temp
location, moves back, removes backups, syncs filesystem and whatnot)
to make sure the data is 100% saved. I'm tired of making the GUI
non-responsive for 1-3 seconds and trashing my HDD everytime I hit
"Ctrl+S".

Is there a lightweight/quick/normal save mode where it just writes the
data to the file? If not, would such a mode be welcome as a patch?

I'd much rather have the lightweight and "unsafe" mode than this
horrible trashing mess, it's a trade-off and I think enough people
with HDDs would use this option.