[Qt-creator] QtCreator quick save mode?

Ursache Vladimir f35f22fan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:17:39 CEST 2016

I know about power outages I get them rather
often, and no, pre-existing files won't be gone (never experienced this in
15 years of development and I'm using QtCreator for like 6 months), you
have to be extremely unlucky and have to have very important stuff for it
to be worth trashing your HDD all the time, and if I was that person I'd have
a UPS to begin with. And even if I lost data btrfs would probably help
with that, I don't know
and I don't care just like I don't care getting a virus thru the air
despite it being
totally possible.

As I said earlier, it's about the trade-off people choose, for me it's
the "unsafe"
path.

A few times I did lose a lot of data and whole partitions but that had
nothing to do with power
outages, and I didn't have a system crash with a stable Linux distro
.. ever..? I don't recall,
probably never, and I certainly never lost any source code because of that.

In a way it's like the story about setting up the printer being
password protected "for security" in the past
until a well known authority came out (Linus) and blamed those people for this
security theater, only then people agreed it's overkill to ask for a
password if you
want to setup your printer.

I'll just try to build QtCreator from source and remove the fsync
lines and use it for
myself, by now I'm not interested in any changes to the QtCreator project.