[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.3b1 background thread running?

Tilman Skobowsky skobowsky at caos-gmbh.de
Thu Apr 13 11:20:42 CEST 2017

Hi,

I just downloaded Qt-Creator 4.3.0 b1 for some testing.
What immediately struck me was the ongoing action in one thread that consumes about half a CPU
core's performance.
The stacktrace (taken with ProcessExplorer) is

0    ntdll.dll!ZwRequestWaitReplyPort+0xa
1    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x1cc
2    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x3d0
3    dwmapi.dll!Ordinal132+0x97a
4    dwmapi.dll!DwmSetWindowAttribute+0x2cc
5    dwmapi.dll!DwmFlush+0x92
6    ig75icd64.dll!DrvValidateVersion+0x139a
7    kernel32.dll!BaseThreadInitThunk+0xd
8    ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21

Checking on the web I found an entry on the Team Speak forum where they observed the same issue but
with a different Qt-based software.
As described there, I can kill the thread without noticing a real problem when using Qt-Creator.

I double checked this with both 32bit and 64bit. The problem occurrs in both versions.
My machine runs Win7

Any ideas?

TIA
Tilman