[Qt-creator] Load external memcheck xml file from new plugin

Hannes Domani ssbssa at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 8 20:54:21 CET 2017

Hello

Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017, 23:25:06 MEZ hat Hannes Domani <ssbssa at yahoo.de> Folgendes geschrieben:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017, 15:14:05 MEZ hat Hannes Domani <ssbssa at yahoo.de> Folgendes geschrieben:
> > >
> > > The current MemcheckTool::loadExternalXmlLogFile() pop ups a file open
> > > dialog. You would need to adapt/overload that one and also make it
> > > accessible from your plugin.
> >
> > I was hoping this was possible without changing the qtcreator sources.
> > If I have to do that, I might as well remove the extra plugin and extend the valgrind plugin with the needed functionality.
>
> After thinking about it some more, extending the valgrind plugin might be the best solution.
> I might just try that as my next little project.
>
> For context, the tool I'm talking about is heob: https://github.com/ssbssa/heob
> And the current plugin is in the qt-creator folder.

I just finished a first version of the extended valgrind plugin.
It adds the functionality of my previous extra plugin.
Plus when the application is finished, it automatically reads the result XML, activates Debug mode, and Memcheck perspective.
So the result is visible immediately and no extra manual input is necessary.

This is exactly what I had in mind, and if anyone cares to check it out, the patch is attached.

Regards
Hannes Domani