[Qt-creator] Configure script file path in QtCreator options and read it in plugin code

Vidhya Arun svidhyapria at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:40:05 CET 2017

Hello

I have a Qt creator plugin written where a perl script is called to perform
the required functionality. The perl script is located in a specific path
in my linux machine and there is a parameter passed to it. Currently I am
invoking this perl script with the hardcoded path and parameter directly
from my plugin. Whenever there is a change in the path or parameter of the
perl script, my plugin code also got to be changed.

Is there a possibility where I can configure the perl script path in some
Tools-options of Qtcreator and read this path directly from plugin ? This
will ensure plugin code remains untouched for any changes in perl script.

 Veepee