[Qt-creator] [Qbs] Qtc+Qbs+git wroktree = cannot lock build graph

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 23:02:58 CET 2017

On 12/12/2017 9:56 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 10:03:58 +1300 Christian Gagneraud
> <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure if it's a Qtc or a Qbs issue, but here is my problem: I'm
>> using git worktrees, which means i have the same project
>> checked-out on different branches in different sibling directories,
>> the main qbs files have the same name, and so by default, Qtc try
>> to use the same build directory, luckily qbs refuse to go ahead
>> (not sure if with qmake i'll get a warning about that). Anyway, the
>> solution is to edit the project's build settings. It's OK, but it's
>> a bit annoying over time. What about if Qtc would hash the path to
>> the project file and use it (as a prefix) to name the default build
>> folder?
>
> Shouldn't you be able to set
> Tools->Options->Build&Run->General->Default build directory to a
> value that makes sense for your setup?

Yes, I would need to add a unique marker based on
CurrentProject::FilePath, is there a javascript function to calculate a
hash of the file path?

So my case is:

$ cd ~/Projects/$project
$ ls
master
<branch1>
<branch2>

Each <branch> directory contains a git worktree, so they all have the
same project name and so the same location and directory name for their
to have

Thanks,
Chris