[Qt-creator] QT Creator bare metal debugging on windows

Mulder mulder at mienstee.nl
Fri Feb 17 21:07:57 CET 2017

Hi all,

I am using qt creator a few years now for bare-metal project with lots of fun. I used it on linux and on the mac with succes. Lately I have to use windows. Unfortunately I have a problem with debuggen. When I use openocd with a stm32f3discovery and I stop debugging qt creator crashes. I have tested it with Windows 7 and with Windows 10 and on different machines. I also tried STLink v2 for debugging. All with the same result. When a stop the debug session (hitting the red stop button) qt creator crashes. Furthermore I tried older qt creator version even back to the latest 3.x builds but it all fails. I am using qbs as project file by the way.
Am I the only one have this problem? When I google it has happend before but no report lately.

Has anybody has some tips on how to tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel