[Qt-creator] QTCreator + CMAKE Project View.

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jul 3 16:45:56 CEST 2017

I am not sure what you are seeing but this is what I see with QtCreator
4.3.0 on macOS 10.10.x

When you go between Visual Studio and QtCreator (We do all the time)
there is a "mental mapping" that one needs to do.

QtCreator Project = Visual Studio Solution
QtCreator Target = Visual Studio Project.

Maybe there needs to be a "Target View" in QtCreator that just lists the
targets in alphabetical order? I like the hierarchy view but with the
latest use of CMake-Server there is a lot of clutter to get around.

I know the QtCreator Devs work *hard* on good CMake support. It has
gotten better and better over the years and they do respond well to
feedback that includes concrete cases and reproducible bugs.

I would suggest starting a topic about your concerns and having a
discussion about features that would enhance the CMake/QtCreator experience.

--
Michael A. Jackson                 400 S. Pioneer Blvd
Owner, President                   Springboro, Ohio 45066
BlueQuartz Software, LLC           EMail: mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Voice: 937-790-1601                Web: http://www.bluequartz.net
Fax: 937-746-0783