[Qt-creator] 4.3.1 & cmake project configuration

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 09:51:36 CEST 2017

Hi Andy,

On Jul 9, 2017 03:32, "Andy" <asmaloney at gmail.com> wrote:

I created a new entry under Build & Run for 5.9.1. I started to configure
the project in the CMake section and it now just says "Configuration
failed." with no settings in the list. So there doesn't appear to be a way
for me to fix the configuration...

Any suggestions?

For now you will need to add the flags via the add button. Annoying, but we
are working with cmake upstream to fix this:-)

UX note: I find configuring a cmake project through this interface very
tedious and error-prone. The project I'm working on has a couple of hundred
settings when "Advanced" is on and trying to work with the (non-resizable)
list is not fun at all. I would suggest an interface more like the actual
CMake app where you can filter and group the settings properly. (And please
let me resize the list so I can actually read everything.)

Click into the cmake settings and press Ctrl-F to search. I recently
approved a patch adding filtering, too, so that will be in At Creator 4.4.

The resizing is not there yet. Not sure how well that will work in project
mode.

Patches to make things more convenient are always welcome:-)

Best Regards,
Tobias