[Qt-creator] Problem with remote gdb

Jeff Tranter jtranter at ics.com
Mon Jul 17 21:29:54 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-15 02:30 AM, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Yocto Poky 2.3.1 for the BeagleBone, I have setup QtCreator
> kits, and the remote host, I can compile and remote run a simple Qt5
> program, but i cannot remote debug it.
>
> I can manually run gdbserver on the target, and manually run
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb on the host, and debug my application this
> way. But for some reason it doesn't work when using QtCreator.
>
> I'm using QtCreator 4.3.1 on KUbuntu-17.04.
>
> Is there any know problems with remote embedded linux devices or with
> Yocto/Poky? Has anyone had success with this set-up recently?

I see the same problem, with the same Yocto, Ubuntu, and Qt Creator
versions, with a Raspberry Pi or the emulator. Gdb works from the
command line. So far I haven't been able to identify where the problem is.
> Details:
> - The compile output pane says:
> 18:01:38: Running steps for project testapp1...
> 18:01:38: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
> 18:01:38: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
> make: Nothing to be done for 'first'.
> 18:01:38: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited normally.
> 18:01:38: The remote file system has 6425 megabytes of free space, going ahead.
> 18:01:38: Deploy step finished.
> 18:01:38: No deployment action necessary. Skipping.
> 18:01:38: Deploy step finished.
> 18:01:38: Elapsed time: 00:00.
> - The application output pane says:
> Debugging starts
> Listening on port 10000
> Debugging has failed
> Debugging has finished
> - Console/terminal messages:
> QProcess: Destroyed while process
> ("/opt/poky/2.3.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb")
> is still running.
> SOFT ASSERT: "state() == Inactive || state() == Running" in file
> /work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/remotelinux/remotelinuxdebugsupport.cpp,
> line 207
> SOFT ASSERT: "isValid()" in file
> /work/build/qt-creator/src/libs/utils/port.h, line 49
> SOFT ASSERT: "d->applicationProcessHandle.isValid()" in file
> /work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/projectexplorer/runconfiguration.cpp,
> line 775
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Jeff Tranter, Engineering Manager, Integrated Computer Solutions.
ICS - Qt Software Development Services and Training
http://ics.com/services/