[Qt-creator] Debugging Helpers with CDB

Damien Courtois damien.courtois at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:09:05 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Since version 4.3 of QtCreator, CDB debugging support uses the same Python
backend as GDB and LLDB. It's specifically said in the release post that as
such it should allow the same debugging helpers to work for GDB, LLDB and
CDB.
But the problem is : how do you set your extra debugging helpers in CDB
?????
On Linux, in the GDB tab of the Debuggers section, I have a "Extra
Debugging Helpers" entry that let me select my custom Python script, but on
Windows, there is nothing in the CDB tab ... (and obviously the GDB one
doesn't work for CDB)

Anyone knows how to do that ? Is it possible ? Technically is should be, so
my guess is that the option just hasn't been exposed in the CDB tab, but
I'm not sure how to check / fix this ?

Regards,
Damien Courtois