[Qt-creator] Qt 5.8 / QC 4.2.1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtGraphicalEffects"

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Mar 2 07:52:55 CET 2017

just in the process of updating all my projects from 5.7 to 5.8

configured a project for Android, iOS, OSX

can build and run on all platforms without any problems

but unter 'General messages' I got this:

--

QML module does not contain information about components contained in
plugins.
Module path:
/daten/_qt_sdks/sdk_580/5.8/android_armv7/qml/QtGraphicalEffects
See "Using QML Modules with Plugins" in the documentation.
Automatic type dump of QML module failed.
Errors:
"/daten/_qt_sdks/sdk_580/5.8/clang_64/bin/qmlplugindump" returned exit
code 3.
Arguments: -nonrelocatable QtGraphicalEffects 1.0 .
Error parsing dependencies file <outputOfQmlimportscanner>:illegal value
at 0
failed to proecess output of qmlimportscanner
QQmlComponent: Component is not ready
file:///daten/_qt_sdks/sdk_580/5.8/android_armv7/qml/typelist.qml:2:1:
plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtGraphicalEffects":
'/daten/_qt_sdks/sdk_580/5.8/android_armv7/qml/QtGraphicalEffects/libqtgraphicaleffectsplugin.so'
is not a valid Mach-O binary (invalid magic 7f454c46)

discussed another warning with J-P and he asked me if auto-completing of
DropShadow is working.

yes - it's working - so it seems the Type is known and I can ignore the
error

should I report an Issue ?

ekke