[Qt-creator] Dev: Qt Creator 4.3 branch created

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Mar 16 12:08:29 CET 2017

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 11:46 AM, Carel Combrink <carel.combrink at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eike,
>
> Not sure if this is contained somewhere but what is the current planning around the compiler and Qt version that will be used to build Qt Creator 4.3 with for Windows?

Qt version is usually the “latest released” at point of Qt Creator release.
Regarding compiler version, the available versions of the Qt release put some constraints on that, and of course also the minimum version that we require for building Qt Creator.
So, for Qt Creator 4.3 this will be Qt 5.8 / MSVC2015 (Update 3).
Regarding minimum required version for building Qt Creator, I don’t see a reason to increase that to MSVC2017 in the near future (currently our GCC minimum version is the C++ feature limiting factor), so all in all I’d think think we’ll stay at MSVC2015 for the near future.

Br, Eike

eike.ziller at qt.io
http://qt.io