[Qt-creator] iOS dylib problem

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Mar 24 12:45:44 CET 2017

> On Mar 24, 2017, at 11:43 AM, Robert Bielik <Robert.Bielik at dirac.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Using Qt 5.8 I'm trying to get an iOS app running. I depend on a truckload of third party libs, all of which are packed together into a single dynamic library. But I have found no info, yet, on how to incorporate the dynamic lib into the iOS app (i.e. deployment into the .app folder).
>
> Hints are appreciated! 😊

I don’t have any iOS dylibs available, but I’d expect something like this should work:

- make sure your dylibs have installname “@rpath/mylib.dylib” or such (check first line of “otool -L /path/to/mylib.dylib”, if it is not, then change with “install_name_tool -id @rpath/mylib.dylib”)
- add the following to the application .pro file

# make the app find the libs:
QMAKE_RPATHDIR = @executable_path/Frameworks
# deploy the libs:
mylib.files = /path/to/mylib.dylib