[Qt-creator] Questions regarding the new implementation of run controls (QtC 4.4)

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Oct 3 18:26:20 CEST 2017

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 06:40:09PM +0200, Pascal COMBES wrote:
> Hello,
> 	Thanks, André, for answering. I spent yesterday evening re-thinking to
> the design of the plugin. I may not need the change in Qt Creator, but
> this involves deeper changes in my plugin.

Changing Creator is neither forbidden nor impossible nor undesirable
in principle.

> 	I have another question, because some new point came to my mind:
> Is there still a way to trigger some actions before any run
> control/worker starts running, like could be done with the signal
> ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::runControlStarted() ?

I dont't think there is anything doing what you want right now.

I'd emit some new 'runControlAboutToStart()' in
ProjectExplorerPluginPrivate::startRunControl()
and connect to that. Two lines change.

Or:

> ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::aboutToExecuteProject() is not
> accurate enough: I don't know which run control is executed.

This could pass the RunControl, too. Or the RunControl instead of
the Project, as the Project is implicit with the RunControl.

Andre'