[Qt-creator] Is it possible to fix QTCREATORBUG-11259 in Qt Creator 4.5?

timur.kristof at gmail.com timur.kristof at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:45:30 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Well, actually there are 24 votes.

I guess that's because now it has been mentioned and click-baited on
the mailing list. :)

> I see two possibilities: either the code model is already able to
> deduce
> the correct type for auto, then it should be quite easy to generate
> the
> tooltip. If the code model is not able to do this already, then some
> more knowledge and work will be needed to solve this task.

The clang based code model is at least smart enough to offer code
completion for the auto variables (and even pops up said tooltip when
choosing an auto variable from the autocomplete list). The only thing
missing is the tooltip when you hover over the auto variable itself.

So the problem is at least partially solved by the clang code model.

Hope this helps,
Timur