[Qt-creator] Not possible to choose Build System if QmakeProjectManager enabled

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Sep 1 09:10:53 CEST 2017

> On 31. Aug 2017, at 23:32, Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When starting "New Project" and if QmakeProjectManager plugin is enabled, there is no possibility of selecting Build System within the wizard dialogs.
>
> If I disable QmakeProjectManager, then I'm presented with Build System selection.
>
> Is this behavior deliberate?
>
> Qt Creator 4.3.1.

You should _always_ be presented the option to choose the build system for e.g. the Console Application, Qt Quick Application, and many other wizards.
At least for me that works.
The most prominent wizard that does _not_ support that yet, is the Qt Widget Application wizard.
Since that wizard is not shown if the QmakeProjectManager is disabled, but is the first in the list of “Application” wizards if the QmakeProjectManager is enabled, this probably made you think that enabling QmakeProjectManager removes the option?

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer