[Qt-creator] CMake config failure == unfixable

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 15:24:32 CEST 2017

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:

> Unfortunately I have no real cmake projects (apart from cmake itself;-)
> that I routinely work on, so I do miss a lot of the finer details that pop
> up when working with a tool daily. I really appreciate people taking the
> time to tell me about their pain-points, so that I can (slowly) improve our
> support.

<ranty-rant>

I'll hold your beer while you do a quick port of Qt Creator to CMake (Or is
it the other way around?)

I still can't believe that Boost will move to CMake!

Imagine if Qt would do the same!  KDE did this more than ten years ago.

One build system for C++, who needs that, right?

Cheers,
Cristian.

</ranty-rant>