[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.6 & editor messages

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at qt.io
Wed Apr 4 08:23:39 CEST 2018

On 28.03.2018 20:58, Andy wrote:
 > When I get a message (warning/error) in the editor, how do I know which
 > it came from?

Usually by looking at the diagnostic name / command line option that is
also provided:

For clazy, the diagnostics typically include "clazy" in the diagnostic
command line switch that comes with the diagnostic text, e.g.:

    ...diagnostic text.... [-Wclazy-copyable-polymorpic]

For tidy, if you have "modernize-*" enabled, then related diagnostics
start with that prefix.

The rest will come from clang itself.

 > I just turned on clang-tidy and clazy (some of the options) and
 > something is pointing at things like "QApplication::processEvents();"
 > and telling me that there is no matching function call. I guess
 > something isn't recognizing default arguments, but... what? Code model?
 > Clang-tidy? Clazy?

That sounds as if the code model does not get the correct macros and
include paths from the project manager.

Please report a preferably minimal example project to reproduce.

Nikolai