[Qt-creator] Memory usage of Qt Creator

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:53:52 CEST 2018

Hi,

I work on a quite large application and my clangbackend crashes often due
to running out of memory.
I am using Qt Creator 4.6.0 [Qt 5.10.1 (MSVC 2015, 32 bit)]
Thus if the clangbackend reaches about 1.4GB of RAM it crashes, then starts
growing again, rinse and repeat... Switching to 64 but will not solve the
issue, since I only have about 2 GB RAM free, thus crashing the
clangbackend is better compared to crashing everything. (Sometimes the
compiler crash due to running out of memory).

My current numbers as I am typing this:
Image Name | Memory (Private Working Set )
clangbackend.exe *32 | 751 976K
qtcreator *32 | 592 004K

Regards,
Carel