[Qt-creator] make stalling on OSX

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Tue Apr 17 09:31:22 CEST 2018

If you get lock-ups of Qt Creator on macOS, please open Activity Monitor, select the Qt Creator process and trigger “Sample” from the “gear” menu. That often contains useful information about what it currently tries to do / what it is waiting for.
Of course best attached to a bug report ;)

Br, Eike

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 16:54, Andy <asmaloney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have this issue too (macOS 10.12.6 w/Qt Creator 4.6).
>
> Usually if I just switch the editor using Option-tab it continues ok.
>
> I also get these (or something like them) when doing "Follow symbol under cursor" and "Rename symbol" sometimes.
>
> ---
> Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
> twitter ~ @asmaloney
>

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> I've got a pretty chronic problem of the latest creator stalling on OSX.
> I'll hit the play button, it'll say:
> 10:30:17: Running steps for project winston...
> 10:30:17: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
> 10:30:17: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
>
> Then nothing. When I cancel the build using the red square, then it dumps a bunch of compiler output.
>
> It goes through periods where 50% of make invocations are stalled.

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13