[Qt-creator] How to build Qt Creator documentation from the sources

Robert Löhning robert.loehning at qt.io
Tue Aug 7 19:01:36 CEST 2018

Am 07.08.2018 um 18:55 schrieb Szyk Cech:
> Hi!
> I try generate documentation from cloned Qt Creator sources, but I
> failed for this! It displays some stupid error messages! Like this:
>
> Because I got error earlier, I remove first commented line, but it not
> help:
>
> Switch view
>
> 1.
>     /!-ściągnięte/qt-creator/doc$ qdoc -outputdir ../doc-ready
>     -installdir ../doc-installed ./qtcreator.qdocconf -single-exec
> 2.
>     qdoc: error: Cannot open file
>     'include(config/qtcreator-project.qdocconf)': No such file or directory
> 3.
>     Cannot open file 'include(config/qtcreator-project.qdocconf)': No
>     such file or directory
> 4.
> 5.
>     Aborting
>
> /To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode /
> But I my next command:
> Qt Code:
> Switch view
>
> 1.
>     /!-ściągnięte/qt-creator/doc$ ls -l ./config/qtcreator-project.qdocconf
> 2.
>     -rw-rw-r-- 1 szyk szyk 2695 sie 1 22:50
>     ./config/qtcreator-project.qdocconf
>
> /To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode /
> So it seems qdoc produce nonsense error because file exists!
> This is very anoying!!!
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
> Szyk Cech

Hi,

normally, calling

make qch_docs

in Creator's build directory should build the documentation for you.
Would you like to share the commands you ran with us?

Is "!-ściągnięte" a directory you're building Creator in? I'm not sure
whether this is supported. Does the problem persist if you build in a
directory with a name made of good old ASCII characters?

Cheers,
Robert

--
   Robert Löhning, Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho